- APPEAL FOR FUNDS TO RESTORE
OUR DENNIS E OMNIBUS
Aldershot and District Omnibus Rescue and Restoration Society (ADORRS) has the only surviving example of a Dennis E Omnibus, OT 8902.
Built for Aldershot & District by local manufacturer Dennis Bros, this project is an outstanding opportunity to secure and resurrect an important piece of South-West Surrey and North Hampshire transport history, and take her to transport events.
Our initial Target at the moment is £65,000. Each and every donation is appreciated by any of the following ways:
The Go-Fund me page - https://www.gofundme.com, then search for Restoration of a Dennis E 1928 Omnibus by Robin Montgomery.
If desired, cheques payable to ADORRS can be sent to:
Mr Laurie Powell, Hampshire House, 204 Holly Road, Aldershot, Hants GU12 4SE.
Please mark Dennis E on the reverse of the cheque.
On-line banking for Dennis E fundraising - sort code is 40-52-40, Account number - 00093236.
THANK YOU FROM Dennis E and ADORRS
- 2023/2024 ADORRS Working Days at Milland, near Petersfield
- Start time: 10am
All members very welcome
- Do let us know via the ADORRS email if you wish to attend. Thank you.
- Following very successful Working Days in 2023 we are pleased to announce more Working Days for 2024 - see below details.
- Tasks include:
- Work on Restoration of Dennis E.
- Fascia cleaning.
- Windows cleaning.
- Paintwork tidying up.
- Cleaning and repainting of seats.
- Various possible Engineering tasks.
- The Working Days dates for the remainder of 2023 are:
- Sunday 22nd October 2023
- Sunday 19th November 2023
- 2024 Working Days dates are as follows:
- Sunday 21st January 2024
- Sunday 18th February
- Sunday 24th March
- Sunday 21st April
- Sunday 19th May
- Sunday 23rd June
- ADORRS and our friendly buses look forward to seeing you
The Society was formed in 1996 to save two 1928
former Aldershot and District Dennis E buses from a field at Four Marks,
Hampshire. Since then the society has grown, it has become a limited company
and a charity and more buses have been rescued. The fleet now comprises six
vehicles dating from the 1920s to the 1960s when public transport was in
The Dennis E type vehicles form the backbone
of the fleet but all require major restoration work to get them back onto
the road. We have had to take a practical approach to these very rare buses.
The cost of restoring the two buses found in 1996 in a field, OT 8592 and
OT 8898 would cost in the region of £500,000 and this is beyond the
Society's means. However the bus found by the River Thames, inside a house
has a much better chance of being restored. In 2016 the Society obtained
donated funds to enable restoration of this chassis and hopefully this will
be DRIVEN out of our barn at Milland. Some time ago we managed to obtain
the original registration, OT 8902, so eventually one, or a combination
of two of the earlier found bus bodies will be attached to OT 8902. In the
1920's vehicles were made of two parts, chassis and body, unlike the present
day construction. The Trustees believe it is better to get one good bus
fully restored rather than struggle with three!
Two of the success stories are the two Loline
III's, 462 EOT and 488 KOT which have been fully restored and have been
playing a prominent part in bus Rally's for several years. To keep these
rare double-deck buses running we have had to 'borrow' parts from AAA 508C
including the excellent engine and gearbox. It has now come to the extent
that 508 has loaned so much that it would cost a huge amount to restore,
so it will be kept as a storage bus. 488 has benefitted by having the engine
and 5 speed gearbox from 508.
This work is/has been carried out by a small
band of volunteers, but we urgently need more support, both to help finance
the restorations and to carry out the practical side of the restoration
You can join ADORR Society by clicking here Application Form
If you would like More Information please email us on:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Montgomery (Chairman) email@example.com
BUSES IN TRUST WITH A.D.O.R.R.S
- OT 8592 Dennis E (D217) 1928
- OT 8898 Dennis E (D226) 1928
- OT 8902 Dennis E (D235) 1928
- 462 EOT Dennis Loline III (462) 1962
- 488 KOT Dennis Loline III (488) 1964
- AAA 508C Dennis Loline III (508) 1965
- The Dennis 'E' Story
- Dennis E's at Four Marks
- Dennis E OT 8902
- Dennis Loline III (462)
- Dennis Loline III (488)
- Download ADORRS Membership Application Form
- ADBIG Home Page
- Aldershot & District Omnibuses
Rescue & Restoration Society is a registered Charity
Charity No. 1069954. Company - No. 3423760 England
Date last updated 28/9/23
- © Copyright by ADORRS All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer and Copyright -- Navigation Icons - An AJH site